28 Jun 2017

A Phanastic Night

Some of you might not know this, but I have always had a love of  dramas, musicals, plays. Whatever you want to call them. Acting was something I was hung up on when I was little. I was convinced I would be a movie star or something. Now I am somewhat thankful, that I didn't get my wish. I did however participate in a few plays, one was our town production of Annie. I was eight and had a blast, I memorized the whole thing, every line, all the songs. I lived and breathed it.

Over the years, I forgot about this love, writing, painting, reading, and photography took precedence. However, this year I started hanging out with Elizabeth. We became fast friends, she reintroduced me into the world of theatre. She showed me Phantom of the Opera, the 25th Anniversary edition. I fell in love the costumes, the voices, and the Phantom. Thus starting me on a musical craze, I will be covering a new favorite, 'Dear Evan Hansen' in a different post.




Anyway, I loved it so much. We decided to watch it again, and this time I decided to do it in proper Phantom style.

I tried my best to make our basement into something resembling the Phantom's Lair. I did it all last minute so try not to judge it too harshly.





 Basically I just got as many candles and fairy lights as I could.



 The food was the focal point. At least to me, we also had popcorn and a veggie platter.






 We got my mom to signal us when she was coming, and I had my sister start playing the Phantom saying bravo, when she walked in. Her reaction made it all worth it. (See the exercise equipment, it's a basement there was only so much I could do.)

We had a Phantastic night! (I will stop now, sorry not sorry)

8 comments:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! My little sis is a Phanatic, maybe I'll steal this idea for a party of hers.....

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun to do! You should, I bet she would love it.

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS. This is the most amazing thing ever. What a magical setup!!! I LOVE IT. This is BRILLIANT for a fun movie night!

    YOU are phantastic. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D THANK YOU! I'm glad it looks magical, I wanted it to be magical. Your comment, eek! We did have a fun night.

      Ha ha, I just need a cape. :)

      Delete
  3. That is so so cool!! I LOVE IT. And the Phantom is the best of ever, and I think you caught his lair really well...and deliciously with those cupcakes. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I agree he is the best! Glad you think so, they were really good!

      Delete
  4. AH! Love POTO. These are great! I love all the candles and fairy lights. I think it works quite well. And those cupcakes look good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm new to it, but me too! It was a lot of fun lighting them all, adds sparkle to it. They were!

      Delete