19 Jul 2017

Mrs. Brightside

I posted consistently eight weeks in a row, I am surprised as you guys probably are. Consistency has never been my thing. I want to say that things are getting better, I want to say that I'm overcoming my problems and not being consumed by them. This would be a lie.



If I am being honest this is one of those weeks where I would've skipped posting. Because when I'm feeling like this is when I withdraw, I hide. It's easier that way, I don't post anything I regret. Nobody notices my sadness because they never see it.

I don't like people to see it, because who wants to be that person. The one who brings everyone down because they are in a mood. I feel bad now, knowing that this post is going to be mixed in with a bunch of book reviews and probably fairly happy posts. I like being the eternal optimist, that was how I defined myself for pretty much most of my life. I can't keep it up the charade anymore, and nobody is more disappointed than me.

I'm okay, that's the truth. I don't want anyone to worry. I am okay, and I'm sure by next week I will have a better post. For now I am just going to give you guys a list of things I do when I am feeling this way.

1. Music (sad music is the best for some reason, and make sure you sing along.)

2. Eat something good (probably fattening but I digress)

3. Reflect ( look at old pictures, journal, make a plan)

4. Read an old favorite ('Howl's Moving Castle' is my go to)

5. Tea ( tea with plenty of milk is so therapeutic)

6. Let yourself cry ( it can make you feel better)

7. Breathe ( give yourself an hour to just relax, forget everything)

8. Pray (This is probably the only one that is an actual solution)

9.  Clean yourself up ( a bit of soap can do wonders)

10. Finish something ( it will bring your morale up)


 Try some of these out if you want. As I'm writing this; my hair is greasy. I chugged two blue raspberry, Kool-Aid jammers, and I'm listening to Mr. Brightside by The Killers, honestly what the hell do I know.







13 comments:

  1. Oh, girl, you should NOT be disappointed in yourself for not always being happy. NOOOOO. No one on this earth is happy ALL the time, that's not being human. Just look at the Bible, Jesus mourned all the time! It's perfectly natural and OKAY to be sad. You shouldn't beat yourself up over that. Ever. And I LOVE your honesty and openness. You should never feel the need to hide who you are. I'm always inspired by how REAL you are!

    But with that said, I'm sorry you're feeling that way! Your list is wonderful. Very helpful hints to debunk that feeling of meh-ness. But it's also toootally okay to just laze around and give yourself time to rest. Sometime Netflix marathons are good for the soul. ;)

    Love ya, girl! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, it's a hard habit to break. I am only human ;)
      I didn't think of that but your right, He did. I need to remember that.
      Thank you, I am trying to be a bit more honest with everyone.

      I am feeling much better now, :D
      I hope it helps someone. I completely agree, love Netflix!

      *Hugs* Ditto!

      Delete
  2. thank you for being honest. thank you for being real. honestly, I relate so much I feel like I could have written this post myself. (you mentioned one of my favorite songs, Mr. Bridesides, and ended it in a GIF from my favorite film of all time. we're basically twins. lol.)

    *Hugs* you're going to feel better eventually. if not today, then someday.
    keep doing the little things that make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you appreciate my honesty, sharing these kinds of posts is terrifying. I'm sorry you relate, because it sucks. You like The Killers and Pretty in Pink! Yes, basically twins. Holy crap it's so nice to have someone who knows what it's from Duckie is everything.

      *Hug* Thanks for saying that, I really appreciate it.

      <3

      Delete
  3. This is a great list of things to do. Never feel bad about feeling bad. It's something that happens so let yourself be sad, but not for too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V! I'm learning slowly but surely.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yeah, I go through those kind of, I don't want to call them "phases," but what else should I call them? XD But yeah, I do that too. I usually just let myself have a break because I'm usually not motivated at all. I'll read. If I'm mopey to the point that I'm like, "I don't have any frrrrriennnnnddds!" I tell myself that's dumb because I do have friends, and thus I either text one of them and/or try to get together to do something fun. However blah I feel though, I know that I won't feel that way forever so it's ok.

    Oh! I love that suggestion about finishing something. I should use that.

    I've also recently borrowed a collection of old Spider-Man comics from the library. And I've found out that no matter how bad a mood I'm in, Spider-Man comics almost always make me feel better for some reason. XD

    And coffee. Coffee and sad music is a great way to think moody, sulky thoughts and just get all that out while you need to. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those phases suck, but it's nice to know I am not alone in them. I do the whole I don't have friends thing too :D

      It really works at least for me.

      Have you seen Spiderman Homecoming, it was so great. I think I will read the comics soon.

      I agree coffee and contemplation. XD

      Delete
  5. These are great solutions for when you're feeling down, but remember not to punish yourself when you feel this way! It's only human for us to feel upset and sometimes we can't fight it - don't punish yourself and make a personal promise that the next day will be a brighter one.

    I hope you're feeling a little better now! (by the way, your blog is fab, I've subscribed <3)

    Lauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Okay there seems to be a bit of trouble following you, I will try again later!

      Delete
    2. Great advice, I will try to follow it. :D

      I am feeling a bit better, thank you so much. I will have to check out your blog.

      I was having this problem myself, I think if you go into your blogger profile and go to your reading list, you can copy and paste the link of the blog you want to follow. That's what I do know because, I can never seem to follow people anymore.

      Delete
  6. <3 <3 <3

    Thank you for being honest, Skye! Never feel bad for sharing your true feelings with people who care about you and want to know you as you really are. :)

    Praying you feel better!


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3

      Thanks for reading! Aw thanks so much, I will try to remember that. :)

      I have been feeling a lot better!

      Delete