23 Aug 2017

Evil Writer Award


Well it's about bloody time.

I kid, I kid but honestly, I have never seen an award that suited me more.
I have a fairly dark sense of humor, I always seem to fall in love with villains and antiheroes alike.

There are rules, but in the honor of being evil you can look them up, because I won't be posting them here. The creator of the tag is Kate a very un evil name but I digress.

 The lovely Mary Katherine tagged me for this, you should check out her blog it's fantastic!


Now onto the questions, I suppose this will be a plethora of sass and gifs. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, feel free to skip.

How many characters do you typically kill per book? And how many people have you killed in real life, dear? Do you... feel any remorse about this? I'm concerned about you.


 Starting off with the hard ones are we. Not as many as you might think, in terms of developed characters one or two, though to be honest. The count has gone down quite a bit, I no longer do it for shock factor, only if it will benefit the story in some way.

As for real life if I told you that, I would have to kill you.




 Do you prefer to use weapons of mass destruction like explosions and famine and world war or more personal  torture like killing family, friends, and pets?

*shrug* Why not both.






Are you more like Loki who perpetrates great evil with a creepy grin, or... give me a minute... Darth Vader, who secretly weeps inside his... fake head, whilst destroying the world. 


Didn't even have to think. On another note, I think Loki and I would make a perfect power couple.



What is the most dastardly crime you have ever committed as a writer?

He he, probably the time I cut off my main character's head out of pure spite. Threw the page at my mother, and told her he was dead.  She freaked out, until I told her I could simply rewrite it.










 What kind of chocolate do you most like to devour as you burn things? White, milk, semi-sweet, or dark. Bonus points if you are so evil you find unsweetened cacao palatable!

Since I have a terrible allergy to milk, dark chocolate is my poison of choice. It also pairs well with blood.






What is your villainous title?  You may not have "Evil Overlord" because that one is mine.


Too be honest naming oneself is a foux pas. If your good, the people will name you.


Which one of your characters would actually be a match for you if you were to duke it out one on one?

Oh this is a hilarious question. I'm thinking Belle probably, and William if he was fairly drunk.



Do you wear a cape? Face paint? A mask? Special underpants? Or do you hide in plain sight like Moriarty? Give me details!
 





Like this!


or this!


There is no in between, though to be honest. My cape is a blanket and my eyeliner is always sharp enough to cut.



How do you react when you kill off a character who is dear to you? Do you laugh evilly out loud? Do you chuckle under your breath and quickly glance around for your next victim? Do you go weep in the corner like you just lost your best friend? Or do you just shrug indifferently?

I laugh evilly of course.






If you had to chose a fictional character ( from books, movies, etc.) to sum up your villainous style as an evil writer, who would it be? Why?

Okay so I'm actually going to get a bit deep with this one. I could just name any old villain, but I'm actually going to give one that I actually relate to on a much deeper level.  You won't really understand this unless you've seen her character arc in The Flash but  Caitlin Snow aka Killer Frost is a perfect example, of what I would be like as a super villain.

I relate to her alot as a character, and it translates in my writing. I always write my villains with a sympathetic side, or a strong reason for their behavior. I try to humanize them a bit.





Do you believe in killing off main characters, or are they your smol precious babies whom you can't even fathom laying a hand (or a steel tipped ax) upon? (#whimpyevilwriter)

None of my characters are safe, if it works for the story and is needed I will do it. Plus three of my characters are technically undead anyway.




  
Have you ever chickened out of your evilness and tried to resurrect a fallen character whom you have already brutally murdered? Or do you–as they say–let the sleeping skeleton lie?


Like I said three are undead, I have a ghost, vampire, and a zombie. So is that a yes?







 When murdering a character, do you often describe it in cringe-worthy detail, or do you prefer to say “SPLAT! He’s dead”, and be done with it? (Bonus Question: have you ever actually said “SPLAT! He’s dead” in one of your writing projects?)


I would like to think it's not cringe worthy, but I do like to give some detail. Like I'm not afraid of writing about blood and such.

Ha ha I should!







I hope you all enjoyed  this I tag

Ashley

Christine

and whoever else would like to do it.








18 comments:

  1. Nice job. Very evil of you. *laughs evilly*

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The evil! And you and Loki as a power couple would be YESSSSS. This was a great tag, Skye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, my sister disagrees XD
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gracious, I MUST do this tag one day! Thank you so much for passing it my way! This is the greatest. And your answers are killing me. XDDD

    I totally relate to your answer to the 2nd question. I'm allll about personal torture AND big explosions. I mean, come on. We can't limit our evil.

    The idea of you and Loki being a power couple...LOL!!! You WOULD though. It could totally work.

    Oh my word, that is HILARIOUS your cut off your character's head and gave it to your mother to read. You ARE evil!

    You are allergic to milk? YOU POOR THING. My brother is also horribly allergic to it as well and it's REALLY hard. It seems like everything on this earth has milk in it! Ugh.

    That pajama gif is soooo relatable. I CAN'T. XDDD That's totally me. I LOOK harmless, but one never knows what evils are going on inside my mind. *cackles*

    This was just the greatest. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, though I understand how hard it can be to get around to doing them. XD

      Ha ha, well I'm glad we are on the same page.

      I know right we could rule the universe together.

      I tried to hid it but, the evil is there.

      It is really hard to live with sometimes, especially most good things have it in it.

      One of my favorites, I can see it XD

      Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. Ha. I love that Spike .gif. Unfortunately, I'm stalled-out halfway through Buffy the Vampire Slayer since Netflix pulled it. I'll finish the series some day. I have a decent amount of dark material in my body of work. My novel W.I.P. starts with a character finding her ex-best friend dead, and that's not the end of the dying. I have a story wherein the hegemon of the planet kills all but a few people from the whole Earth before aliens invade. The horror story I was paid for (I've been paid for one fantasy, one sci-fi, and one horror, each at 100 words in length), well, I'll just give you a link: http://specklit.com/blog/2014/08/10/its-not-as-if-im-dead/. Happy killing! I mean...writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Your a Buffy fan,awesome. I am at about season 3, Spike and Oz are my favorite characters.
      Oh nice, I like my stories more on the dark side too. Makes them more realistic. Those all sound neat.
      I read it, it's good.
      Ha ha, you too!

      Delete
  5. This is diabolically wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I hadn't seen this tag before but it is amazing!!! You are, in fact, a very evil writer, and now I am mildly afraid for my emotions (and your characters), concerning the story I agreed to beta-read. :p

    Oh, well. I'm in now.

    Loved your answers! Dark chocolate is amazing.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I love it! Why thank you, he he your concern is validated.

      XD

      Thanks! It is!

      Delete
  7. This tag is brilliance omg.😂 I actually prefer being super mean to my characters and making them LIVE THROUGH IT AND SUFFER instead of killing them all off.😂 Howwwwever, I did kill of a character this year that genuinely made me tear up. WHO AM I. MY HEART OF COLD ICE NEEDS TO COME BACK. ahah.

    I loved reading this, Skye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I am starting to lean more that way in my writing too. At least you killed one, don't worry your heart of ice reputation still stands with me ;)

      <3 Thanks Cait!

      Delete
  8. Skye this was an evilly joyous post to read, you crack me up A LOT, "The creator of the tag is Kate a very un evil name but I digress" made me laugh out loud. I think it's your disregard for commas (to which I relate strongly) it just makes everything funnier do you know what I mean

    I very much enjoyed your answer to the villainous title one.

    Lots of love! (I mean, uh, blood and hatred and the SACRIFICED SOULS OF OUR ENEMIES BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EVIL WRITERS DO!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! The disregard of comments is due to my disregard of grammar in general. I'm glad you relate. XD

      He he!

      <333 Yes, blood and darkness grrr, all that evil ;)

      Delete
  9. AKKJAGLKAJG! THIS IS THE BEST OF EVER!

    So I actually read this a while back and forgot to comment on it (I'd read it on my phone and I hate using my phone to comment, stupid tiny touch-screen buttons). But I was in the car with my family, and when I saw the Rumple gif about why he hadn't killed Hook yet, I just laughed. And I didn't mean to, but it came out as the perfect Rumplestilskin laugh that I've ever laughed (according to my sister, I've laughed like Rumple many times before?). And then that made me laugh again.

    But that's all irrelevant.

    *ahem*

    I love how you killed your character just to freak your mom out. XD That's the best. And the Loki gif, "Destroy everything," that's how I feel writing essays. . .

    Thanks for the tag! I'll definitely do this one. XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. The reaction I was hoping for *laughs manically*

    Oh that makes me so happy. I tend to laugh like Rumplestilskin too. He he, you really are the best kind of person.

    Hardly!

    I am a terrible kid, but I am darkly funny and they have learned to appreciate it. Me with any writing really.

    Can't wait to read your answers!

    XD

    ReplyDelete