I thought I would share twenty-three things I learned this year.
This song has been on repeat this whole year.
1. It's okay to not be okay (You don't have to pretend)
2. Something that's impossible for you, might be nothing to someone else. (remember that)
3. People's opinions really don't matter, and never will.
4. Don't squish yourself, the right people will like you as you are.
5. Wine is disgusting, any alcohol really. (stick to soda)
6. Loving the crap out of things is awesome. ( embrace the geek)
7. Rain and Tears are soothing.
8. Don't let anyone get you down.
9. Don't censor yourself (be kind, but say what you mean)
10. Meeting your heroes can be amazing! (Mitch Pileggi who plays Skinner on the X-files)
11. Sunlight can help a lot of things.
12. Don't be ashamed of the things that make you smile. (Buffy, Ed Sheeran's new album, Baby Driver, Parks and Rec, and musicals to name a few)
13. Be happy with the small things.
14. Family is everything.
15. Coffee can turn a day around.
16. Sing show tunes in the shower (I rock Sincerely Me)
17. Twenty somethings don't know crap, we just pretend too.
18. Never grow up (Peter Pan has a great gig)
19. Friends can be forever.
20. Sparklers are like stars.
21. Take care of yourself.
22. Happiness is a choice.
23. You will be Found (This is an Evan Hansen reference)
God and the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack got me through a lot this year, well mostly God. It's getting better, I'm getting better.