30 Aug 2017

Twenty-Three Things

I will hopefully be blowing out my candles when everyone reads this post. Twenty-three years old, it hasn't sunk in yet of course. Except for the anvil, called adult responsibility that has been looming over my head since I hit twenty. I have dodged the bullet so far, but this year is probably when I should try to get it together,


I thought I would share twenty-three things I learned this year.


This song has been on repeat this whole year. 


1.  It's okay to not be okay (You don't have to pretend)

2. Something that's impossible for you, might be nothing to someone else. (remember that)

3. People's opinions really don't matter, and never will.

4. Don't squish yourself, the right people will like you as you are.


5. Wine is disgusting, any alcohol really. (stick to soda)

6. Loving the crap out of things is awesome. ( embrace the geek)

7. Rain and Tears are soothing.

8. Don't let anyone get you down.

9. Don't censor yourself (be kind, but say what you mean)

10. Meeting your heroes can be amazing! (Mitch Pileggi who plays Skinner on the X-files)



11. Sunlight can help a lot of things.

12. Don't be ashamed of the things that make you smile. (Buffy, Ed Sheeran's new album, Baby Driver, Parks and Rec, and musicals to name a few)

13. Be happy with the small things.

14. Family is everything.


 15. Coffee can turn a day around.

16. Sing show tunes in the shower (I rock Sincerely Me)

17. Twenty somethings don't know crap, we just pretend too.

18. Never grow up (Peter Pan has a great gig)

19. Friends can be forever.






20.  Sparklers are like stars.

21.  Take care of yourself.

22. Happiness is a choice.

23. You will be Found (This is an Evan Hansen reference)


 God and the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack got me through a lot this year, well mostly God.  It's getting better, I'm getting better. 











20 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Hopefully you have wonderful day and eat plenty of cake. God will be with you through it all.
    God bless you, Skye!!
    <3

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!
      I did, it was a lovely day.
      You too!
      <3

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Skye! Glad to hear you are doing better, and congrats to you!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday, from me over to you!!! I wish it was my birthday so I could party too....oh, wait...
    Seriously though, happy birthday! Those are wonderful things and I'm so glad things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS. MY SKYE IS 23!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAREST SKYE!!!!!!!!!! *throws confetti everywhere and pulls out Hobbit-sized cake*

    This. List. Was. Golden.
    I was seriously nodding along and wanting to scream "YES" at like every single point. I have to mention a few at least!

    "Don't squish yourself, the right people will like you as you are." <--- THIS. I know some people who tend to squish themselves and it makes me so sad because they're amazing people. We should never have to hide the personality God gave us!

    100% agree about embracing the geek and LOVING things. It's GOOD to enjoy things and get excited. Why should we be shamed in that??

    "Coffee can turn a day around." <-- Truer words have never been written.

    "Twenty somethings don't know crap, we just pretend too." <-- Oh my goodness, it's so accurate! We literally haven't got a clue. XDD (At least I sure don't!)

    "Never grow up." <--- My motto.

    Thank you for sharing this with us. All reminders I think we all needed to hear!

    I do so hope your 23rd year is the most beautiful, blessed, spectacular one of your life. Happy birthday again! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU CHRISTINE!<33333333

      I'm glad you liked it!
      I was worried it would be a bit cheesy or something.

      I know a lot of people who do it too, and it's so sad. I agree!

      It's the best thing!

      Ha Ha, I know right. Basically!

      :D Mine too!

      Thanks for reading it.

      <3 Thank you!

      Delete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! <3 <3 <3

    I absolutely love this post!! So many important lessons; I love all of these, especially the 1, 2, 6, and 12. :D

    I've heard so much about Dear Evan Hansen, but never actually listened to it. Went ahead and clicked on Waving Through a Window as I read this post, and it's really good.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! <3

      I'm so glad!

      I love it, got me through a lot.

      Delete
  6. happy birthday beautiful. I love Dear Evan Hansen too so nice job including that.

    I hope you had a lovely day. I loved those things you learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith! So glad to find a fellow fan, we really are twins ;)

      I did! <3

      Delete
  7. First off, I really hope to catch up on giving you feedback within the next week or so. I didn't even notice that I'd received Chapter 3 until just now (which is strange because I'm pretty careful with checking my email), and I haven't read Chapter 2 yet either. It should be good practice as I get back into writing a ton for college. Second, Happy Birthday! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no problem! There is plenty of time.
      I am going to be sending the fourth and fifth chapter together, hopefully soon.
      Good luck with college!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. *so behind on blogs* HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, SKYE, DARLING!!! <3333 *all the confetti and cake for you* Hope you had a splendid one and that your coming year will be supercalifragilisticexpialidotious! ^_^ Lovely post, thanks for sharing. And as a fellow 22 year old, I relate, but we'll survive. ;) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, happens to me all the time. THANK YOU SO MUCH!<333
      It really was, I hope so too that is the perfect word. Thanks, I agree we shall!
      *hugs*

      Delete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY GIRL!!!!! (Better late than never right *cough cough*) Seriously, Skye, reading this post made me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY and I'm so glad you've had a good year and are moving onwards and upwards! #2 really resonated with me. Like REALLY, this is something that can be so hard to grasp! And #22 is one of I've been telling myself a lot recently. It can be so hard to believe, but it is true. There's a beautiful song I love called Blue Notes by Jose Vanders which says "things will always get better, if you want them too". In the throes of heartbreak and suffering this can be impossible to believe, and of course you can't wake up one day and say "now I shall be happy" and that's it (much as unhelpful people may tell you you can!), but you can make choices for happiness. It's within your power. It's within my power.

    Lots of love <333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily!!! I'm glad it made you HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY :D
      That one was a note to self. It is hard to believe, I have been struggling a lot with that one this year. A lovely song, thanks for sharing! Beautifully said, I agree. You have to take small steps for it. We got this!

      <333333

      Delete
  10. Happy super, super late Birthday! Or unbirthday by now. XD Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Unbirthday indeed.
      I'm glad! <3

      Delete